The three most vital things we need to do to stay alive are breathe, drink water and eat food. You can go for several weeks without eating, and days without water, but we can only got for minutes at the most without breathing. Ensuring that body is well oxygenated is is vital to better equip you to deal with the daily stresses that we face, as every cell of the body needs oxygen to function properly.
So how do we know whether stress is impacting out breathing?
- Do you ever suffer from breathlessness or shortness of breath?
- Do you find you usually take short, shallow rapid breaths?
- Do you feel out of breath climbing the stairs?
- Do you ever suffer from a fuzzy mind or brain fog?
- Does it feel difficult or uncomfortable to take a full, deep breath from your belly?
If you answered yes to all or most of these questions, you need some help as stress is having an impact on your breathing. For more tips on practising deep breathing click here.