When your body foes into a state of stress, it is expecting some kind of physical activity. One way to take control of stress is to give your body what it was anticipating ie physical activity. Have you ever engaged in exercise after a stressful day? Ask yourself how did you feel once you had finished?
We have put together a helpful checklist for you to assess your exercise levels. Simply answer the questions below to get a picture of your whether you are doing enough exercise to combat stress.
Assess your exercise levels
- Do you get out of breath climbing the stairs?
- Do you NOT exercise to the point of perspiration at least three times a week?
- When you bend down then stand up, do you feel light-headed or see spots?
- Do you feel that exercise takes more from you than it gives you?
- Do you feel exhausted after exercise instead of exhilarated?
If you answered yes to most or all of those questions, you need some help. This blog will give you a great start, with many practical suggestions on improving your fitness and getting enough exercise to build your resilience to stress.
For more tips on how to get moving to combat stress click here.