With the UAE Government aiming to be within ‘the top 5 happiest countries in the world by 2021′, and already being the happiest Arab country in the world since 2012, according to the United Nations World Happiness Report;
Happiness has become an obvious trend within the Middle East.
However, according to Gallup’s “State of the Global Workplace” report, employee engagement levels are considerably low, with around 85% of UAE employees feeling unengaged in their work.
Often workplace performance and engagement has a correlation with happiness. When an employee is unhappy, often sickness increases, absenteeism increases, efficiency decreases as well as concentration rates drop. Thus, to have a happy workforce, you will have an engaged workforce.
The Ministry of Labour, Article 65, states that the maximum amount of ordinary working hours, for adults should be 8 hours per day, 48 hours per week at work and with holiday of 30 days per year, this means that on average roughly 4.7 million workers are working a total of 2035 hours. This indicates that for a quarter of the population, the workplace is where they spend around 30% of their time. Thus, in order to be happy, they need to have workplace where happiness is a key focus and ultimately a mission.
To be happy and healthy, Workplace Wellbeing is vital.
- More important than ever – many of us feel under pressure to maintain a certain lifestyle – high prevalence of financial worries in the UAE, it is essential at both a personal and organisational level to promote financial wellbeing. Money worries are a common source of stress and are often attributed to poor performance and absenteeism in the workplace. Providing financial wellbeing training aims to create a more engaged, happy and productive workforce
- 64% of UAE employees now worry about their financial security and this has become a more important issue for them over the last 2-3 years
- 59% of UAE Employees often worry about their current financial status and 52% of UAE employees often worry about their future
To book a free consultation to discuss financial wellbeing within your company,
18/02/18 DUBAI EYE 103.8 – The Business Breakfast
Our Chief De-Stressing Officer, Neil Shah was featured on the #1 Talk Radio Station in the UAE discussing what stress is and how you can deal with it.
Train the Trainer UAE –
STAGE ONE : 23rd – 25th October 2018
STAGE TWO: 17th, 18th & 20th February 2019
Neil Shah will be running this programme, which is a two stage (6 days) dynamic, practical Institute of Leadership and Management endorsed programme suitable for all levels of training professional. It is based on our award winning training delivery style which has yielded on average a 98.7% excellent feedback for delivery style in 2016.
TTT is a unique, effective set of adaptable presentation and facilitation techniques that draw upon over a decade’s worth of our expertise in the field of stress management, resilience and well-being training. Our Chief De-Stressor and trainer Neil Shah leads participants through inspirational sessions that will develop techniques that supercharge your engagement and rapport-building skills while learning how to deliver up-to-the-minute practical strategies that change lives and transform workplaces.
What’s in it for you?
- Six-day Train the Trainer (TTT) programme across two stages
- Ability to receive ILM registration* (additional £99)
- One Year Membership with The Stress Management Society
If you are a corporate company and would like to book a free consultation, click the button below –
Are you stressed? Do you want to check your stress levels?