Loneliness in Modern Society
Did you know?
- More than a million older people say they go for over a month without speaking to a friend, neighbour or family member
- Those who never chat to their neighbours were 43% more likely to feel lonely than those who do
- Those who see friends and family less than once a month or never were 84% more likely to be lonely than those who meet up with friends and family daily.
- Hundreds of thousands of elderly people are lonely and cut off from society in this country, especially those over the age of 75.
- According to Age UK, more than 2 million people in England over the age of 75 live alone.
Tips for dealing with loneliness
- Pick up the phone – call friends or relatives who we are not able to see in-person
- Embrace technology – (local libraries often hold regular training courses for basic computer skills )
- Stay in touch via social media and video calling.
- Research communities that are aligned with your hobbies.
- Volunteer with local charities to meet like-minded people.
- Go out and explore – make the most of preferential public transport links.
- Acknowledge your support network: who can you turn to for different things such as fun, emotional support, a confidence boost or a reality check?
View our Chief De-stressing Officer Neil Shah’s interview with Sky News Sunrise discussing loneliness here:
Train the Trainer London
STAGE ONE : 25th-27th March 2019
STAGE TWO: 10th-13th June 2019
Neil Shah will be running this programme, which is a two stage (6 days) dynamic, practical Institute of Leadership and Management endorsed programme suitable for all levels of training professional. It is based on our award winning training delivery style which has yielded on average a 98.7% excellent feedback for delivery style in 2016.
TTT is a unique, effective set of adaptable presentation and facilitation techniques that draw upon over a decade’s worth of our expertise in the field of stress management, resilience and well-being training. Our Chief De-Stressor and trainer Neil Shah leads participants through inspirational sessions that will develop techniques that supercharge your engagement and rapport-building skills while learning how to deliver up-to-the-minute practical strategies that change lives and transform workplaces.
What’s in it for you?
- Six-day Train the Trainer (TTT) programme across two stages
- Ability to receive ILM registration* (additional £99)
- One Year Membership with The Stress Management Society
If you are a corporate company and would like to book a free consultation, click the button below –
Are you stressed? Do you want to check your stress levels?