Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised programme ideal for individuals, HR practitioners, managers, employees, volunteers or anyone with an interest in mental wellbeing.
20% Discount for World Mental Health Day
£240 per person!
Do you want to feel confident in helping someone experiencing a mental health problem?
Would you like to spot the early signs and provide help on a first aid basis?
Do you want to help guide someone towards the right support?
Book on to Mental Health First Aid to upgrade your mental health support skills today!
MHFA does not intend to train people to become therapists, but to provide them with knowledge of the first signs and symptoms of a range of mental health problems, and the confidence to intervene when a problem is observed – in the same way that they might in physical First Aid programmes.
MHFA is valuable in providing information on a range of mental health problems, along with reducing stigma and encouraging early intervention. Once you have been through the course you are able to call yourself a Mental Health First Aider.
The aims of MHFA are:
- To pre-empt stress, anxiety and depression
- To prevent mental health problems becoming more serious
- To promote recovery
- To provide support to an individual experiencing mental health problems
- To raise awareness of mental health problems in the community and in the workplace
- To reduce stigma and discrimination
- To preserve life where a person may be a danger to themselves or others
MHFA is now also available as an online offering. The learning outcomes are exactly the same as the face-to-face 2-day accreditation programme.
In order to be classed as a full-on Mental Health First Aider, learners need to complete some pre and post session reading, and attend 4 online workshops where we cover the main mental health disorders before applying a 5-step action plan.
The MHFA course will teach you to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Content for the delegates split between individual learning (which the delegates will log into the MHFA England learning hub to complete the sessions, the trainer will provide the link to log in in advance), and live instructor-led training.
The preferred means of delivery is through the MHFA Enabley learning hub but Zoom, Teams etc could be used also
All delegates will receive the usual manual, workbook in advance of the session, with the electronic certificate emailed to them following successful attendance of all 4 sessions
Once a date is confirmed, the delegate will be registered via the MHFA England website, a link will be sent and the delegates will need to individually register onto the course (takes 30 seconds)
- The sessions are separated into four sessions taken in a calendar month
- You will be designated to a monthly cohort
- There are 12 cohorts per year – one per month
- There is pre-learning for each session
- It is recommended that the four live sessions are delivered on separate days – allowing time in between the ‘live’ sessions for reading and reflection
- The approx running times for the live sessions are:
- Session 1: 2 hours
- Session 2: 2.5 hours
- Session 3: 2 hours
- Session 4: 2 hours
- Webcams on for delegates, is recommended
Please fill in your details to download our 30 Day Challenge
Please fill in your details to download our free guide to dealing with stress